So you just rolled into town for a weekend in Gainesville/Alachua County and it’s raining outside. Maybe you and your group are into napping … Zzzz Zzzz… Nothing wrong with a little recharging. But if you have something else in mind and want to prevent a carload or hotel room full of sad face, we have some ideas to turn some bad weather frowns upside down.
There’s plenty to do to keep you and your group entertained during the day while you wait for the weather to clear up. Here are some of our picks!
6 Things to Do in Gainesville While You Wait Out The Rain:
- Mosey on to the Museums – Find a list at Visit Gainesville.
- Jump for Joy! — Kids and active adults can burn some energy at the Flip Factory Zone, Bouncers or Defy Gainesville
- Coffee and Culture — Take a book, grab a coffee and pass the time at one of our many unique coffee houses.
- Think Outside the Box – Visit one of the Alachua County Libraries and join one of many fun activities from Foreign Film Fridays at the Millhopper Branch, to to Lunch-Break Yoga or LEGOspace at the Headquarters Branch, Babytime at the Tower Road Branch and more.
- One Stop Shopping – take in a movie, do a little shopping, go to the spa, grab lunch at Celebration Pointe, our area’s newest upscale shopping center.
- Make Your Own Good Vibes – It’s always a good day to build up your vinyl collection. Get out of the rain and make your own good vibes at Arrow’s Aim Records, and Hear Again Records
Don’t just stop with our ideas, there are plenty of places to go and things to do in Gainesville/Alachua County. Plan your day and weekend activities at Visit Gainesville/Alachua County.