Create a special weekend getaway with delectable dining, gorgeous accommodations and with opportunities to explore together in Gainesville and Alachua County.
Tap into the romance of the south at a charming bed and breakfast, surround yourself with luxury at an ultra-modern hotel or find your own “inland island” away from it all at a short-term term rental like the gorgeous lakefront estate right off of Lake Santa Fe or your own private country cottage in historic High Springs. Make your way to local restaurants ready to delight you with imported delicacies paired with local goodness or with traditional faire delivered with impeccable service. Read on to learn about local romance packages offered by area hotels and lodging facilities and for tips on how to create your own romantic getaway.
BOOK YOUR STAY
Option A: Book a Romantic Package at a Nice Hotel
Celebrate each other with the with a romance package at Hotel ELEO. Enjoy upscale, boutique accommodations at Hotel ELEO, and champagne and dinner at Hotel ELEO’s Covey Kitchen + Cocktails.
Book the grand Hot Tub Suite with a wet bar and living room at the Best Western Gateway Grand. Click here to make the reservation.
Option B: Stay at an Extra Special Vacation Rental
Modern Farm Cottage in High Springs
Located on a private, 42-acre farm, this cottage is a cute old-Florida style farm building on the outside and a modern studio apartment on the inside. This space is perfect for two people looking for amenities similar to a hotel room, but who are interested in a little more space and privacy with easy access to a variety of local outdoor activities.
Private Nature Retreat in an Award Winning Tiny Home
Connect with nature, and your partner, by enjoying the beautiful scenery with walking trails, fruit trees, and tropical greenery. This modern style tiny home is decorated with warm, cozy vibes. Chai is a 8 ‘x 16’ tiny house on wheels with 10 foot ceilings and winner of Best Tiny House 2020 Award at Florida Tiny House Festival.
Lake Front Estate on Gorgeous Lake Santa Fe
This private estate has everything you need, and more! Enjoy swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, and fishing in your backyard. The home has a large open kitchen, gas fireplace, and a breathtaking view of the pool and lake. Take in the views from the covered lanai, with an adjacent outdoor shower and gas fire pit., and watch the sunset while fishing from the deck.
Option C: Escape to a Bed and Breakfast Filled with Character
Gainesville’s bed and breakfasts are filled with character and history, beautiful gardens and relaxing fountains, innkeepers who love hosting guests and giving personalized recommendations, themed rooms and cottages with modern amenities, and impressive home-cooked breakfasts.
Check out the romance packages and romantic enhancements available year-round at these Bed and Breakfasts: Sweetwater Branch Inn, Camelia Ross Inn Bed & Breakfast, Laurel Oak Inn Bed & Breakfast, The Magnolia Plantation, and Herlong Mansion Bed & Breakfast.
Click here to read more about the Gainesville, Alachua County Bed and Breakfasts.
PICK SOME FUN THINGS TO DO AS A COUPLE
Pro Tip: Before your visit, remember to explore that week’s “What’s Good,” the Gainesville, Alachua County official event guide.
- Pack a picnic to enjoy at Kanapaha Botanical Gardens a 68-acre facility comprised of 24 major garden collections to include the state’s largest public display of bamboo and the largest herb garden in the Southeast.
- Share a bottle of wine on the secret porch of Downtown Wine and Cheese.
- Explore Florida’s top museums in the UF Cultural Plaza – Harn Museum of Art and Florida Museum of Natural History with a Butterfly Rainforest.
- Test how well you work together on a canoe trip down the Santa Fe River or on Lake Santa Fe. Rent your water vessels from the Santa Fe Canoe Outpost or DJ’s Kayak Rentals.
- Embrace the breathtaking sunsets over Lake Alice while observing the bats emerge on their evening journey from the World’s largest occupied bat houses.
- Spend the afternoon in one of Alachua County’s off-the-beaten path, old-Florida towns – Micanopy or High Springs.
- Make a stop at the Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park’s Visitor Center and soak in the beauty and vastness of the prairie from a back-porch rocking chair. Ask the rangers how to get to the 50-foot observation tower where you can sit on the porch swing and try to spot wild horses and bison.
EXPLORE THE BEST LOCAL CUISINE AT ESTABLISHMENTS BUILT FOR DATE NIGHT
Alpin Bistro is a casual, intimate dining bistro serving dishes from France, Switzerland and other European countries. Located in downtown Gainesville.
Amelia’s Fine Italian Restaurant is a fine dining experience with casually elegant service and a classic Italian menu. Serving Gainesville’s finest Italian cuisine for more than 20 years. Located in downtown Gainesville behind the Hippodrome Theatre.
Embers Prime Steaks Wood Grill is a high-end chophouse that serves prime meats, surf and turf and has a large wine selection, full bar and outdoor seating. Reservations required. Located in central Gainesville off 34th Street, near Archer Road.
Mark’s Prime Steakhouse & Seafood serves prime meats, fresh seafood entrees, traditional sides, premium wines and a full bar in an elegant setting. Located in downtown Gainesville.
Paramount Grill provides a reasonably priced fine dining experience in a relaxed atmosphere. Their menu consists of fresh, unique and innovative cuisine. Located in downtown Gainesville.
End your evenings with delectable cocktails from Madrina’s Cocktail Bar, serving top-notch island-inspired craft cocktails, or from The Dime Cocktail Bar. Both located in cool, little spots in downtown Gainesville.