Sweetwater Wetlands Park
Sweetwater Wetlands park opens at 7am to Sunset, Monday-Sunday, including holidays.Check out our Activities and Events (http://www.sweetwaterwetlands.org/activities), and follow us on Facebook to stay updated on what’s going on in the park!
Sweetwater Wetlands Park is not only a place to connect with nature, it’s a way to protect our environment. The park, which consists of more than 125 acres of wetlands and ponds, was created to improve the water quality of wetlands in Paynes Prairie and the Floridan Aquifer. Now a thriving habitat, Sweetwater Wetlands Park is filled with vast numbers of plants and animals, including birds, butterflies, alligators and Florida cracker horses. At the park, you can walk more than 3.5 miles of crushed gravel trails and boardwalks, experience the lush landscape from viewing platforms, and learn about the habitat through educational signs and tours.
- Activities such as horseback riding, biking, camping and driving cars on the trail are not allowed.
- Please park bikes at rack.
- Fishing is not permitted.
- Due to potential conflict with alligators, other wildlife, and livestock, pets are not allowed in the park.
- Photography is permitted. Please, no drones.