Special Event Sponsorship Application
In order to support and enhance Alachua County as a culturally interesting and vibrant destination, the Alachua County Board of County Commissioners has allocated a portion of the Tourist Development Tax revenue to aid in the operations and promotions of events that have, as one of their main purposes, the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the event to tourists.
Applications should be submitted with all requested information. Missing or re-worded questions constitute an incomplete application. Each applicant is responsible for full and complete compliance with all laws, rules and regulations which may be applicable. One (1) original be submitted. It is the complete responsibility of the applicant to compile and package its proposals according to instructions.
Applicants must fulfill the following at the time of application:
- Be a legally established entity. Individuals are not eligible.
- The event, activities and paid lodging accommodations must be within the boundaries of Alachua County.
- The proposed event has as one of its main purposes the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of
the event to tourists.
- Applications will not be accepted from organizations who have applied for Tourist Development funding
through the Gainesville Sports Commission, Nature and Culture Destination Enhancement Grants, Local Sports
Destination Enhancement Grants and Conference Grants in the same year.
- Applications will not be accepted for organizations to re-grant or provide funding to individuals or
- Applications will not be accepted from library districts, public or private schools, school foundations, student
groups, colleges or universities.
- Government entities, municipalities, and CRA’s may apply.
- Entities may not request more than one sponsorship per Alachua County fiscal year.