Nature and Culture Destination Enhancement Grant
The Alachua County Board of County Commissioners has allocated a portion of the Tourist Development Tax revenue to aid in the promotion and support of programs and events for the purpose of attracting tourists to Alachua County. Tourist Development Tax funds are governed by State Statute 125.0104, which states in part:
To promote and advertise tourism in the State of Florida and nationally and internationally; however, if tax revenues are expended for an activity, service, venue, or event, the activity, service, venue, or event shall have as one of its main purposes the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the activity, service, venue, or event to tourists.
Alachua County adopted, in addition to the purpose stated in the State Statute quoted above, that an additional main purpose is the promotion and support of nature, arts, and culture in Alachua County.
- FY19 TPD Reimbursement Instructions (pdf)
- FY19 Invoice Cost Report – Marketing
- FY19 Invoice Cost Report – Operations
- TPD Final Report Form (pdf)
- FY18 Invoice Cost Report – Marketing
- FY18 Invoice Cost Report – Operations
- Request for Applications (PDF)
- Request for Applications (Word)
- 19-194 Tourism Product Development Grant RFA 1 ADM
- 19-194 Tourism Product Development Grant RFA BT
- All FY18 Applications and Score Sheets
- Sign-in sheet from pre-application meeting
- 19-194 Funding-Scores (PDF)
- 19-194 Tourism Product Development Score Sheets (PDF)
- All FY19 Grant Submittals
- Logo files for Visit Gainesville Alachua County, FL (zip)
- TPD Social Media and Marketing Promotion Credit Guidelines
All governmental institutions, municipalities, cultural, heritage, and nature-based community organizations that operate within the boundaries of Alachua County are eligible to apply for “Out of County” promotion and program support funds. These funds are for activities, venues, events, and services with a goal to measurably increase the tourism, economic impact, and to improve the quality of life for Alachua County citizens. All applicants except for governmental institutions must have not-for-profit status under the Division of Corporations and a copy of your Active Status from Sunbiz.org should be attached to the end of Exhibit B.