Nature and Culture Destination Enhancement Grant
In order to support and enhance Alachua County as a culturally interesting and vibrant destination, the Alachua County Board of County Commissioners has allocated a portion of the Tourist Development Tax revenue to aid in the operations and promotions of arts, cultural, and nature events that have, as one of their main purposes, the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the event to tourists.
Awards for the FY20 (October 1, 2019-September 30, 2020) funding cycle have been completed.
Information regarding upcoming Nature and Culture Destination Enhancement Grant opportunities will be available in Spring 2020 for activities and events occurring between October 1, 2020-September 30, 2021.
Contact Kathy Munden, Grant Manager, at email@example.com
Applicants must fulfill the following at the time of application.
- Be an arts, nature or culture organization.
- Operate within the boundaries of Alachua County.
- The proposed event has as one of its main purposes the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the event to tourists.
- Be a nonprofit organization under the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations. A copy of Active Status from Sunbiz.org must be attached to the application.
- Have documented IRS nonprofit, tax-exempt status.
- Governmental and educational organizations are eligible to apply for arts, nature or culture programs and events, within the request limit.