Local Sports Destination Enhancement Grant
The Alachua County Board of County Commissioners has allocated a portion of the Tourist Development Tax revenue to aid in the operations and promotions of local sporting events that have, as one of their main purposes, the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the event to tourists.
The total estimated award amount for the Fiscal Year 2020 Grant is $130,000.
Awards for the FY20 (October 1, 2019-September 30, 2020) funding cycle have been completed.
Information regarding upcoming Nature and Culture Local Sports Destination Enhancement Grant opportunities will be available in Spring 2020 for activities and events occurring between October 1, 2020-September 30, 2021.
Questions regarding any portion of the application or application process must be made in writing via email to the VCB at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions must be submitted no later than 10 calendar days before the
proposal due date. All questions will be answered and posted to the VisitGainesville.com website.
It is essential that applicants check this website for Addenda. Please print the question and answers, sign and include with your application.
Applicants must fulfill the following at the time of application.
- Be a local sports organization or other local organization providing a sporting event.
- The event will be within the boundaries of Alachua County.
- The proposed event has as one of its main purposes the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the event to tourists.
- Be a nonprofit organization under the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations. A copy of Active Status from Sunbiz.org must be attached to the application.
- Have documented IRS nonprofit, tax-exempt status.
- Governmental and educational organizations are not eligible to apply for local sports program grants.