Local Sports Destination Enhancement Grant
The Alachua County Board of County Commissioners has allocated a portion of the Tourist Development Tax revenue to aid in the operations and promotions of local sporting events that have, as one of their main purposes, the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the event to tourists.
The total estimated award amount for the Fiscal Year 2021 Grant is $130,000.
Applications should be submitted with all requested information. Missing or re-worded questions constitute an incomplete application. Each applicant is responsible for full and complete compliance with all laws, rules and regulations which may be applicable. Applications should be bound/stapled on the left side. One (1) Original should be submitted.
Applications should be placed in a sealed envelope and labeled on the outside:
“Local Sports Destination Enhancement Grant Program”
It is the complete responsibility of the applicant to compile and package its proposals according to instructions.
ALL applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, November 20, 2020 to:
Alachua County Visitor and Convention Bureau
33 North Main Street, Gainesville, Florida 32601
Please call (352) 374-5260 to schedule a time to deliver your completed application.
Questions regarding any portion of the application or application process must be made in writing via email to the VCB at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions must be submitted no later than 10 calendar days before the proposal due date. All questions will be answered and posted to the VisitGainesville.com website.
It is essential that applicants check this website for Addenda. Please print the question and answers, sign and include with your application.
Applicants must fulfill the following at the time of application.
- Be a local sports organization or other local organization providing a sporting event.
- The event will be within the boundaries of Alachua County.
- The proposed event has as one of its main purposes the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the event to tourists.
- Be a nonprofit organization under the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations. A copy of Active Status from Sunbiz.org must be attached to the application.
- Have documented IRS nonprofit, tax-exempt status.
- Governmental and educational organizations are not eligible to apply for local sports program grants.