Local Sports Destination Enhancement Grant
The Alachua County Board of County Commissioners has allocated a portion of the Tourist Development Tax revenue to aid in the operations and promotions of local sporting events that have, as one of their main purposes, the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the event to tourists.
The total estimated award amount for the Fiscal Year 2023 Grant is $130,000.
Applications should be submitted with all requested information. Missing or re-worded questions constitute an incomplete application. Each applicant is responsible for full and complete compliance with all laws, rules and regulations which may be applicable. Applications should be bound/stapled on the left side. One (1) Original should be submitted.
Download FY23 Local Sports Destination Enhancement Grant Application [docx]
Download FY23 Local Sports Destination Enhancement Grant Application [pdf]
Applications should be placed in a sealed envelope and labeled on the outside:
“Local Sports Destination Enhancement Grant Program”
Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, January 27, 2023, at the Alachua County Visitors and Convention Bureau, 33 North Main Street, Gainesville, Florida 32601. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
It is the complete responsibility of the applicant to compile and package its proposals according to instructions.
Questions regarding any portion of the application or application process must be made in writing via email to the VCB at email@example.com. All questions must be submitted no later than 10 calendar days before the proposal due date. All questions will be answered and posted to the VisitGainesville.com website.
It is essential that applicants check this website for Addenda. Please print the question and answers, sign and include with your application.
Applicants must fulfill the following at the time of application.
- Be a legally established local sports organization or other local organization providing a sporting event.
- The operations, events and activities must be within the boundaries of Alachua County.
- The proposed event has as one of its main purposes the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the event to tourists.
- Have documented IRS non-profit, tax-exempt status. A copy of Active Status from Sunbiz.org must be attached to the application.
- Governmental and educational organizations are not eligible to apply for local sports program grants.
- Applications will not be accepted from organizations who have applied for or receive Tourist Development Tax funding through the Gainesville Sports Commission, Sponsorships, Nature and Culture Destination Enhancement Grants and Conference Grants in the same year.
- Applications will not be accepted for organizations to re-grant or provide funding to individuals or other organizations.
Addendum 1: January 6, 2023 [docX]