Your conference, meeting or special event, taking place in Alachua County through September 30, 2021, could qualify for up to $10,000 of reimbursed expenses via the Visit Gainesville, Alachua County Conference Grant.
The Conference Grant supports and enhances Alachua County as a destination for conferences by allocating a portion of the Tourist Development Tax to aid in the operations and promotions of conferences that have as one of their main purposes the attraction of tourists, as evidenced by the promotion of the conference to tourists.
Applicants must fulfill the following:
1. Be a legally established entity. Individuals are not eligible.
2. Conferences and paid conference lodging accommodations must be within the boundaries of Alachua County.
3. The proposed conference must have as one of its main purposes the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the conference to tourists.
Conference Grant Application
Completed applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, July 31, 2020 at the Alachua County Visitors and Convention Bureau, 33 North Main Street, Gainesville, Florida 32601. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit completed applications one of two ways:
1) Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “CONFERENCE GRANT APPLICATION” in the email subject line. Emailed applications will receive a confirmation of receipt within 24 hours. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please call (352) 374-5260.
2) Mail your application to Visit Gainesville, Alachua County, 33 N. Main St., Gainesville, Florida 32601.
For additional information:
- (352) 374-5260
- toll-free: (866) 778-5002
*Funds are available upon completion of conference.*