Tourism Product Development Grant
The Alachua County Board of County Commissioners has allocated a portion of the Tourist Development Tax revenue to aid in the promotion and support of programs and events to visitors and residents alike. Tourist Development Tax funds are governed by State Statute 125.0104, which states in part:
To promote and advertise tourism in the State of Florida and nationally and internationally; however, if tax revenues are expended for an activity, service, venue, or event, the activity, service, venue, or event shall have as one of its main purposes the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the activity, service, venue, or event to tourists.
Alachua County adopted, in addition to the purpose stated in the State Statute quoted above, that an additional main purpose is the promotion and support of nature, arts, and culture in Alachua County.
- FY18 Invoice Cost Report – Marketing
- FY18 Invoice Cost Report – Operations
- Request for Applications (PDF)
- Request for Applications (Word)
- 19-194 Tourism Product Development Grant RFA 1 ADM
- 19-194 Tourism Product Development Grant RFA BT
- All FY18 Applications and Score Sheets
- Sign-in sheet from pre-application meeting
- 19-194 Funding-Scores (PDF)
- 19-194 Tourism Product Development Score Sheets (PDF)
- All FY19 Grant Submittals
- Logo files for Visit Gainesville Alachua County, FL (Zip)
- TPD Social Media Promotion Guidelines
All governmental institutions, municipalities, cultural, heritage, and nature-based community organizations that operate within the boundaries of Alachua County are eligible to apply for “Out of County” promotion and program support funds. These funds are for activities, venues, events, and services with a goal to measurably increase the tourism, economic impact, and to improve the quality of life for Alachua County citizens. All applicants except for governmental institutions must have not-for-profit status under the Division of Corporations and a copy of your Active Status from Sunbiz.org should be attached to the end of Exhibit B.
The maximum funding request per applicant is $50,000. An applicant or institution may submit more than one grant, but the total of all grants cannot be more than $50,000. Awarded funds will be reimbursed for event-related expenses. Applicants must spend a minimum of 35% of the award on “out of county” marketing, targeted to persons and groups who live outside the boundaries of Alachua County. For FY19 $833,000 is available for the Tourism Product Development Grant Program.
The mandatory pre-application meeting was held on Wednesday April 11, 2018