We like to say Gainesville is where nature and culture meet.
Actually, we like to say many things when it comes to this place. It tends to be our favorite subject. But taking all objectivity out of it, we think Gainesville is uniquely special. Our location is part of it, equidistant from the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, central to most Floridian metropolitan areas, yet away from it all. This provides us the rare privilege of being a small town at heart, yet within a bigger city and all its inherent advantages. We're free to enjoy nature and the space it provides, but with all the attractions and amenities you could ever need on a vacation. Plus, being home to the University of Florida makes us a college town too. Energy and passion, education, an eclectic mix of personalities and interests all of it in some way is inspired by the school. That's who we are. And this is what people say about us.
- SmartMoney.com ranks Gainesville # 1 place to retire during an economic downturn
- Forbes ranks Gainesville in the top 25 "Smartest cities in America" and in the top 25 "Best places to do business and have a career"
- Popular Science magazine ranks Gainesville "Most Technologically Advanced City in Florida"
- National Geographic Adventure magazine ranks Gainesville among the top 10 "Best places to live and play"
- AARP ranks Gainesville in the top 20 "Best Places to Reinvent Your Life"
- Gainesville ranked #1 in the newest Sperling's "Cities Ranked & Rated: 400 Metropolitan Areas Evaluated in the U.S. and Canada".